Bridge Darebin has been strengthening the Darebin community since 1982, when we began as Preston Neighbourhood House. We’ve come a long way and experienced significant growth since then.
Our services now include adult education, child care, community programs, food services, markets and venue hire in Preston and Thornbury.
Here’s a snapshot of what we achieved in 2019:
Read our 2019 annual report for details.
Awards & honours
We’re extremely proud to have been recognised for our efforts and impact in community development, education, environmental sustainability and business excellence.
- NOMINEE: 2020 Northern Business Achievement Awards, nominated by the City of Darebin (for Moon Rabbit)
- WINNER: Creating Local Solutions Award, 2019 Victorian Learn Local Awards (for our TTT program)
- WINNER: Sustainability Award, 2019 Darebin Community Awards (for Moon Rabbit)
- WINNER: Partnership Award, 2019 North East Neighbourhood House Network Awards (for Friends of Baucau)
- WINNER: Young Business Achiever of the Year, Northern Business Achievement Awards (for Jack Lombardo)
- FINALIST: Awesome Volunteer Program, 2019 North East Neighbourhood House Network Awards
- FINALIST: Partnership Award, 2018 North East Neighbourhood House Network Awards (for the Mayer Park Open Air Cinema & Twilight Market)
- WINNER: Learner of the Year, 2017 North East Neighbourhood House Network Awards (for Bridge Darebin student Carol White)